Wednesday, March 28, 2007



Since I have a race this weekend, I am trying to take it a little easy this week. I went on a run Tuesday with Phoebe and had to pull her behind me until I finally just took off her leash. I figured it wasn't worth the frustration and she actually did really well. I normally try to run somewhere with her where I don't have to worry about a leash, but due to time constraints, I had to run from my house. Phoebe is a great trail running dog, but not so good around the neighborhood. She once did 30 miles with me.

Yesterday late afternoon I went on what seems to have become my Wednesday night run. Last week I got snagged by some barbed wire on this trail, and was a little worried about tetanus. It seems the 48 hour "lock-jaw" period has passed. I still should go get a current tetanus shot, I know. I like the longer days, it makes working out after work so much easier. I love this trail, it's really overgrown and I have to keep finding my way back to the trail. At dusk the moon was rising on one side and the sun was setting the other direction. Beautiful.

I haven't been willing to admit it, but my knees are bothering me again. I just had some acupuncture and that usually helps quite a bit. I am trying to lay off the hills just until this race Saturday. Actually, all I run is hills, so, never mind. The good news is that my left foot feels better after getting some deep massage on that leg and foot.

I felt great at master' swim this morning. I think the tapering leaves me with a lot of excess energy. My friend Kristine said my sprints looked "effortless" and I was going fast. That made me feel good (thanks Kristine). Something clicked with me about my stroke today, one of those "ah ha" moments. I plan to go out to red rocks for a little hiking and bouldering this afternoon if I can finish some work first. I just found out my "office queen" is leaving on an adventure. I don't know what I will do without her, truly, but want her to go explore her life. I am sad and happy about this, and a little freaked out.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey Norble,
wish I could be with you. I was just thinking about how I miss you. Anyway, listen, Alice gets out of school really early this year, like July 7th... so I'll basically be out in the States from mid July through mid August. Of course, Utah is an option, but also, maybe my dad could fly me out there for a few days, too. we'll tawlk...
Love you, Dootsen Trucking

Sandee said...

Maybe I drive out to Utah and we all drive back here. Road trip? Then, your dad could pick you up in Santa Ynez. We'll tawk. We will definitely spend some quality time together.
I miss you,too meehoe.