Sunday, March 18, 2007

I saw my first rattlesnake of the season today on Figueroa Mountain. I rode my bike from my house up Happy Canyon to the top of Figueroa and down the other side through Los Olivos and home again. Mike says it's 60 miles, but I don't know for sure. The elevation of Fig. is 37oo ft, which is why I chose it for my challenge.

I'm glad to be done, but it was a great day out. The flowers are just starting to bloom on the mountain and there was an entire hillside that was all orange and purple. I did not see one other cyclist. I couldn't believe it.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Hey, sorry I didn't comment yet... had to get my blogger info again cause somebody doesn't want anonymous comments... ahem... Anyway, my fair bunny, sounds like you are doing so well! So much training. I'm totally slacking tonight and just drinking beer. I'm trying to think how I can support you via Zwolle. If you have any challenges for me that I can do in a kindred spirit, I'm all yours. And always have been my dearest Meehoe. Get ready for endless comments from your best friend and love always, Debestittude

Sandee said...

oops, didn't realize that about the anonymous comments. i'll try to fix it. i'm sort of new at this blogging thing. i'm so glad to hear from you. yes, keep the comments comin'! love you.