Saturday, March 24, 2007

Lisa and Other News


I have consulted the birthday challenge guru and have received some excellent advice on how to structure this 24 hour challenge. I think I will start on Friday the 6th at 4:00, with the intention of finishing at 4:00 the next day. This way I can do the bouldering and swimming on Friday, maybe a little wine tasting, get some sleep, then start the bike early Saturday. I will be able to start the "bootleg" run at a decent hour so all my fabulous friends can join in.

I am really pleased that my friend Lisa, from Houston, will be joining in the fun. For those of you that are not familiar with Lisa, she is always up for a challenge. She did a half ironman last July with hardly any training and finished. She is super amazing. She has also done a couple of marathons this way. This is why I know that she will be right there with me suffering.

Today I went out to Red Rocks off Paradise Rd for some bouldering. I forgot that when the weather is nice, and a weekend, you might as well call it "My Big Fat Red Party Rocks". I was just out there 2 months ago and it was clean (relatively) and quiet, but now, it's totally trashed. Very disappointing. I was nervous about the kids going barefoot and the kind of people that were around us. I'm not really protective of my kids in this way, but these people were kinda scary. Anyhow, I got some training in and that's what really matters, right?

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Hi Nooble! Oh my Gawd, I have the best stuff for you. When you receive my package, you will see... yes indeed. I'm trying to send it out in the next few days. Definately Challenge Worthy. Love you, Deb