Friday, March 9, 2007

2007 Birthday Challenge

Less than 37 days till my 37th birthday. Thought I outta get busy training and planning my challenge. Actually, it's 29 days till my birthday and this year it falls on the Saturday before Easter, thus the "bunny" theme. That, and my friend Justin (aka JLU) always calls me a little bunny rabbit when I run. Since I live in wine country and drinking seems to add an element of comedy to the challenge, I decided to add some wine tasting to the schedule of events for those of you less inclined to move your bodies. So far the day looks something like this:

37 miles of cycling with 3,700 ft of elevation gain ( figueroa, most likely)

37 boulder problems (not much for experienced climbers, which I'm not, so...)

3,700 yd in the pool (148 lengths)

37 miles running while stopping to taste 37 different wines (Girls, this is for you...)

37 compliments given (to keep my attitude in check)

all done while wearing the "bunny" costume (to be determined) except for the pool of course.

I welcome accomplices of all levels and at any point in the challenge. I'm thinking I might have to eat some of those marshmallow bunnies (peeps?) 37?

Please let me know if you can participate.

2 comments:

Cindy Lou said...

You can count me in on your crazy bunny whatever...I will most definately make the wine tasting portion..and possibly HOPPING with you a mile or two on your run... we shall see....

Unknown said...

I wouldn't miss your bunny extraviganza for anything. My camera will be there to capture the event for all your years to come.

See you at the first Vinyard!!!!