Sunday, April 1, 2007

We are so tough

Here's the team. I didn't actually meet Eric (far right) or Susan (middle) till the end of the race. It was a great day for running, maybe a little warm, but everyone did great. It was a really fun event. The other members are Eddie (next to me) and Dave (between Susan and Eric). Oh, and Nicole is the little one and belongs to Dave and Susan. Only one person finished the race as an ultra. He set a course record even. It would be really tough to do alone, but a great challenge. Maybe next year.

I tested my recovery power by going on a run this morning with Fiona and Kristine. Fiona just signed up for her first half-marathon. I'm very excited for her and want to help her as much as I can. Almost nothing thrills me more than someone taking up running. So, the run this morning was 7 miles and I felt great. So, there you go. Last night I could hardly get out of bed to get a glass of water and this morning I'm running again. Steve pointed out that this means I could probably have pushed myself harder yesterday. Maybe. Okay, probably, yes, but I need to be ready for my birthday challenge. 5 days away.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Yeee Har! Beautiful! It's totally spring here and I am so happy. The Dutch have sucha long winter and when the sun comes out, it's like a new life. Speaking of which, I am seriously being cuted out by baby sheep. Love,D